Sun 05 Mar - Port Elliot
14 deg this morning reaching 29 Deg in the early afternoon. The wind started to pick up quite strong after lunch, so as we were about to head out for a few hours, I decided to pack away the awning to avoid any nasty surprises when we return. Unfortunately, a storm hit while be were away and the two roof top windows we had left slightly open blew wide open, and the van got a tad wet on the inside. Thankfully nothing serious, and most importantly, the bed didn't get wet. Today was very quiet, almost a rest day which was a welcome change. This morning after a sleep in, I went for a ride along the foreshore past Middleton and back. I then I got changed and we walked into Port Elliot where Noel and I had a very nice coffee, then wandered around town for a quick look before heading back to the van. After lunch we drove to Encounter Bay (other side of Victor Harbour) for afternoon tea with fellow Red Centre caravan owners who live there. We met Frank and Pam in Cooktown last year, and subsequently crossed paths another 4 times on our trip around QLD. While we were at their house, a storm hit, and I was happy that I had packed away the awning, but I didn't realise we had left the windows open until we got back to the van. Our camp chairs which we left outside also got a nice soaking. Feeling a bit weary after the past few days, we both enjoyed the slower pace today, and it was nice to catch up with Pam and Frank again. Tomorrow, we will up stumps and drive 80kms through the southern part of McLaren Vale into the the Adelaide Showgrounds Caravan Park for a five night stay. We have set aside a day to return to McLaren Vale from Adelaide, and still unsure if we'll stop on the way through with the caravan tomorrow.
 |
| Bike Ride to Middleton Beach where there were a lot of surfers out enjoying the offshore wind and ideal surfing conditions (except for the smell of rotting fish) |
 |
| Bike Ride along a lovely path along the coast |
 |
| Port Elliot Harbour Masters Reserve with obelisk in the background |
 |
| Steps near the caravan park to the beach |
 |
| Steps down to the beach |
 |
| Port Elliot History |
 |
| Port Elliot History |
 |
| Port Elliot Railway Station |
 |
| Port Elliot History |
 |
| Port Elliot History |
 |
| Port Elliot History |
Comments
Post a Comment