Mon 17 Apr 23 - Flinders Ranges (Edeowie) to Peterborough (Towed 204km)
A short one today (thankfully) as I have to catch up on the past few days without internet. I was writing notes for the blog, but it still takes time to write for one day, let alone four days.
5 Deg to 22 Deg, sunny, cloudless morning and not a breath of wind. It was a beautiful, but very fresh start to the day, but it warmed up quickly. I went for a short walk then returned and with not much left to do, we packed and got underway by 0930. Having the heavier van, I drove out first, which I had to do in low range 4x4. There was a bit of slipping and sliding in the front end of the car through the wet and very muddy patches, but we got out to the homestead without any problems, although a bit muddy. We all got out safely, and stopped at the station to say a quick farewell to Dave, Roxanne and Hunter. After a longer than expected farewell and some hugs, we were on our way by 1000. First stop 128 km later was at Carrieton where we had a late mornos and then said goodbye to Debbie and Dutchy, and Christine and Wozza as they will turn off at Orroroo towards Adelaide, and we will continue to our destination for two nights at Peterborough. We arrived and set up by 1400 in Peterborough, then went for a walk into town to stretch the legs. It looks a lovely town, and I plan to visit the Steam Train Museum for which it is renowned tomorrow. We returned to the van where Noeleene got busy washing everything in sight that had a hint of smoke smell (fire is nice but the smell of stale smoke is horrendous), while I went for a short ride around town. When I got back, I started getting busy catching up on blogging, while Noel continued washing, then we had dinner and a nice hot (and probably too long) shower.
 |
| Group photo at the entrance to the Station - we are all keen to return, hopefully without the rain |
 |
| Quick stop on the way into Orroroo |
 |
| Heritage buildings in Peterborough |
 |
| They love their Steam Trains in Peterborough |
Comments
Post a Comment