Day 72: Tue 25 Apr 23 (ANZAC Day) - Mildura

Tue 25 Apr 23 (ANZAC Day) - Mildura 

12 Deg to 29 Deg, some light cloud, no wind, and a much warmer day, warmer than most we've had this trip, but we're not complaining. I went to bed feeling a bit ordinary last night, and I woke at 0400 to drive into Mildura for the Dawn Service, feeling worse (sore/dry throat, headache and other body aches). I took a couple of panadol and went straight back to bed, waking again at 0930 and feeling a little better. To be safe, I took a COVID test and it thankfully returned a negative result.  I had some breakfast, then we drove into Mildura to watch the ANZAC Day march. After the march, we had a wander around the city, then some lunch and returned to the van for an afternoon nap. I hate sitting around, so I decided to go for a short ride along the river, but discovered two flat tyres from yesterday's ride - the first flat tyre I've had this trip. With a lot of sharp prickles to be removed from both tyres, it took me a lot longer than expected repair, so when I was done, I just loaded the bike back on the van and joined Noeleene inside to watch the ANZAC Day AFL Clash. Thankfully Collingwood were the victors (after a late comeback). An easy and early dinner was had, followed by an early night, and an early departure planned tomorrow. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see more of Mildura, including two rides that I had planned along the Murray and to Kings Billabong Park. Mildura is a lovely city with some beautiful Art Deco heritage buildings, and very good cycle ways along the river, so I have good reason to return for another visit in the future.


To the memory of the men of Mildura district who fell in the Great War 1914-1918


Mildura ANZAC Day Parade

Mildura ANZAC Day Parade



Mildura - Mall

Mildura - The T&G Building  built in the 1920s

Mildura - Wall Art

Mildura - Wall Art and a fast car


Mildura - Mildura Club


Mildura - Mildura Club

Mildura - Church of Christ

Mildura - Methodist Church

Mildura - Deakin Ave



Mildura - William Chaffey Statue


Mildura - Rotunda and Memorial Clock Tower

Mildura 

Mildura 

Mildura - Mall

Mildura

Mildura - Grand Hotel

Mildura - T&G Building

Mildura - City Centre

Mildura - City Centre





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 57: Mon 10 Apr 23 - Port Augusta to Flinders Ranges (Wilpena Pound)

Day 48: Sat 01 Apr 23 - Elliston

Day 13: Sat 25 Feb 23 - Robe